COVID-19: Updates on Romania’s emergency state
Information on the Romanian Government measures for preventing the spread of COVID-19, based on the Military Ordinance No 5
This act includes the following information:
1. Flights run by airline operators to Spain and from Spain to Romania remain suspended for an additional 14 day-period, as of March 31st, 2020, 18.00 (local time).
2. Flights run by airline operators to Italy and from Italy to Romania remain suspended for an additional 14 day-period, as of April 6th, 2020.
3. Flights operated by state-owned aircraft, cargo and mail flight, humanitarian flights or flights providing emergency medical services, as well as for technical landings for non-commercial purposes are not suspended.
4. Persons who leave the place where they are quarantined, without approval from the competent authorities, shall be required to resume the 14-day quarantine cycle, bearing the expenses incurred with their quarantine, and will be criminally liable, according to the law.
5. Persons who do not respect the conditions of isolation at the location previously declared or at which they chose to stay in isolation and are found outside the isolation area shall be forced to quarantine for 14 days, bearing the expenses incurred with their quarantine, and will be sanctioned with a contravention according to the law, unless their activity is a crime.
6. The provisions of Military Ordinance No 4/2020 regarding measures for preventing the spread of COVID-19, according to which „aircraft pilots entering Romania are allowed to choose the place where they will stay in isolation or quarantine between trips, but not exceeding 14 days”, shall not apply to:
a) aircraft pilots and crew members of flying to and from areas covered by the „YELLOW area” code or with no epidemiological risk;
b) aircraft pilots and crew members flying to and from areas covered by the „RED area” code or at epidemiological risk, who do not leave the aircraft between flights or who wear protective equipment (overall, gloves, glasses, mask), if leaving of aircraft between flights.