COVID-19: Updates on Romania’s emergency state
Information regarding Military ordinance no. 8 of April 9, 2020 on measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 published in the Official Gazette no. 301 of April 10, 2020
1. Circulation outside the home / household it is allowed to the holders of commercial fishing permits / permits on the Danube / inland waters / the Black Sea, for the purpose of conducting commercial fishing and aquaculture activities, as well as for the valorisation / commercialization of the products resulting from these activities.
2. Circulation outside the home / household it is allowed to the beekeepers to / from the hive’s location or to move the hive. Proof of the beekeeper’s quality is made by the certificate containing the hive code issued by the county offices of animal husbandry, or by any other documents proving the beekeeper’s quality and the ownership of the hives.
3. In the declaration on their own responsibility, the persons mentioned in par. 1 and 2 mention as reason of displacement – moving in professional interest.
4. Circulation outside the home / household it is allowed for the purchase of vehicles, spare parts for vehicles and car repair services.
5. The persons referred to in par. 4, mention in the declaration on their own responsibility, as reason of displacement, that they circulate to provide goods that cover the basic needs of the persons.
6. The measure of suspension of flights performed by airline operators to Spain and from Spain to Romania is extended for a period of 14 days, starting with April 14, 2020.
7. The agri-food markets remain open throughout the state of emergency, strictly for the farmers who present a farmer certificate, with the obligation to respect the measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
8. Displacement is allowed for agricultural producers from the place of production of agri-food products to the agri-food market and access within it, based on a declaration on their own responsibility and the manufacturer’s certificate.
9. The phytopharmaceutical units remain open during the period of emergency. Their personnel have the obligation to comply with the measures adopted to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
10. Cross-border workers who enter in Romania from Hungary and do not exhibit symptoms associated with COVID-19, are exempted from isolation measures at home or quarantine.
11. Cross-border worker means the person who proves that he lives and works within a 30 km radius of one side or the other of the Romanian-Hungarian state border, calculated from the nearest border crossing point open to human trafficking, and who returns to the house at least once a week.
12. The persons entering in Romania for performing installation activities, commissioning, maintenance, service of medical devices and equipment are exempted from the measure of isolation at home / quarantine if they do not have symptoms associated with COVID-19 and prove the contractual relations with the beneficiary / beneficiaries from Romania.
13. During the state of emergency, the export for agri-food products from the list provided in annex no.2 to the present Military Ordinance is prohibited or suspended, as the case may be.
14. Examples of agri-food products from the list provided in annex no.2: wheat, barley, rice, oats, sunflower, meslin, soy beans, bakery products, pastry etc.
15. During the state of emergency, the cessation or suspension of the activity of the social services such as residential care and assistance centres for the elderly, residential centres for children and adults, with and without disabilities, as well as for other vulnerable categories, public and private, is prohibited.
16. During the state of emergency, as an exception of the legal provisions in force, in case of the dismissal of the employees of the centres mentioned in par. 15, the notice period is 45 calendar days.
17. During the state of emergency, the procedures for selling / buying majority shares of companies in the National Energy System are suspended, regardless of their form of ownership.
18. On Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, before the two Easter holidays, economic operators who market agri-food products can extend their operating program according to their needs.